Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of common queries. If you have questions which are not answered here, please feel free to ask us via email at sales@WinchSpares.com.
- I have a 30ft boat, and need a new line lifter for my runner winch.
- No records are kept detailing which winches are fitted to various boats. In order to identify Which spare parts you require, please supply information on the make and model of your winch, rather than that of your boat.
- I have a 40" winch, and need a new drum top crown.
This is unfortunately not enough information for us to identify your winch. The examples below will help us to identify it
- What make is your winch
- Is your winch a standard type or self tailing
- What graphic or screw fixings are on the top of your winch
- Digital photograph
- How often should I service my winches?
- You should service your winches at least once a year to increase performance and reduce the risk of failure and personal injury. Those who race regularly may need to do so more often.
- In one of my winch gears, the pawl pulls sideways out of its pocket. What's wrong?
- This is a common fault with over loaded or well used winches. You will need to purchase a new gear and pawls. It is dangerous to use your winch in this condition as there is a risk of someone getting injured if used.
If the above questions did not answer your queries, or you require a more detailed information, please contact us at sales@WinchSpares.com.